7 on 7 football is a fast paced, pass oriented form of football that was designed to hone the skills of football players in the spring without putting the physical toll on their bodies. The games are played on half of a football field with offenses always moving towards the same end zone. There is no pass rush and the QB must release the ball in a limited amount of time or be penalized. No safety equipment is worn (other than the mandatory mouth guard), so contact is very limited. No tackling is permitted; simply touching the offensive player stops play. Also see the special rules below that will be used for various age groups.
All Players must wear CLEATS and HAVE A MOUTHPIECE to PLAY!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What grades are participating?
- Where are the games played?
- When does the season begin?
- The Seasons 1st Games are on Friday, April 15th, 2016
- What is the minimum number of teams that can participate in order for a division to have enough teams?
- We will play with a minimum of 4 teams per division for 7 on 7
- What if there are not enough players in a division to make a team?
- We will allow grades to play combined as follows:
- When does the season end?
- The Season typically ends the 2nd week of May
- How many games are played?
- Each team will typically play (2) games each Friday in the regular season depending on the number of teams available and field space, excluding the playoffs. KAAFL reserves the right to change the schedules as needed.
- What if I don’t have a team to be a part of or know a coach to play for?
- The league will assign you to a team based on your grade
- Is there minimum or a maximum required to play 7 on 7?
- Yes and no. Each team must have at least 7 players. We recommend 9 as kids do get tired from time to time. There is no maximum number of kids that a team can have.
- Will there be referees?
- Will scores be kept?
- When will I be contacted by a Coach if my child is not on a team already?
- You will be contacted after registration for 7 on 7 closes, Friday, March 17th
- Are registration fees refundable?
- No. No refunds will be issued on registration.
With the continuing growth of our Katy Community and our Fall Football program, Katy All American looks to double in size for Spring 7 on 7. So do not hesitate. Take advantage of the benefits of our 7 on 7 TODAY. Coaches keep your teams together, stay active, and continue to teach the fundamentals of Football through our #1 7 on 7 program.
Participants of Katy All American Football League, KAAFL, continue to see massive growth and outstanding competition. With over over a 1000 participants in the Katy All American Fall program, we are extremely excited about our 7 on 7 competition for 2017. It’s because of you that we continue to grow and because of you KAAFL will continue to offer high quality youth Football and Cheer.